A lot of clients often ask me what my absolute favourite skincare and beauty products are and why. As a lot of them know, I’m constantly changing up my skincare or beauty routine, so my favourite products often change too.
It’s important to mix up your skincare routines, especially at the change of seasons, as our skin often changes not only with the weather, but with lifestyle changes, age etc. One amazing product that worked fantastically on your skin 5 years ago may not be doing the job properly now.
These are my top 5 products at the moment:
- Pelactiv Facial Refiner Deep Cleansing Scrub
– Winter usually calls for a ‘step up’ when it comes to exfoliating. During Summer I like to exfoliate maximum once per week, however during Winter I often amp it up to 2 times per week. Depending on your skin type and condition, you shouldn’t OVER exfoliate, as this causes sensitivity in the skin and often an over production of oil as the skin is working over time to protect itself.
– Pelactiv’s Scrub works both mechanically and chemically to leave skin feeling soft and smooth. The tiny granules help to manually remove surface dead skin cells, while Lactic Acid gently dissolves the bonds that hold the skin calls together allowing them to be gently removed, as well as decongesting pores. Desert Fuchsia Rose provides anti-bacterial and antiseptic properties, while Maleluca Oil assist in purifying the skin and preventing breakouts. This scrub can even be applied like a mask and left on for 10-15 minutes.
- Bio Therapeutics Serum
– This definitely has to be one of my all time favourite products. You only need a few drops for the entire face, neck and décolletage, and it doesn’t leave you oily or shiny at all! It has a water-like texture, making it so easy to apply and absorbs straight away in to the skin.
– Their exclusive formula contains Biodynes Tissue Respiratory Factor which encourages cell development and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin. Fennel assists in reducing inflammation and provides protection against free-radicals. Hyaluronic Acid binds to 1000x its own weight in water (one of my favourite ingredients!) assisting with the plumping of the skin and intense hydration.
- Pelactiv Vita C Intensive Eye Complex
– One of my all time favourite eye creams, this intense serum is applied directly under the eyes to reduce pigmentation, fine lines and dark circles.
– It also contains aloe vera to reduce puffiness and dark circles, as well as Plant Collagen to fight against fine lines. Green Tea extract is also contained in this serum to help calm and soothe the skin, as L-Ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) is quite a potent ingredient.
– When using Intensive serums like this one, it is important not to over do it. Build up a tolerance to the product slowly by using it once every second day to begin with. Some people are able to eventually use it morning and night every day, however for myself I use it in the evenings only.
- Youngblood Lunar Dust in Twilight
– I’m officially obsessed with this product! Youngblood’s Lunar Dust comes in 3 different shade, but I have found this shade (a whiter pigment than the others) to suit almost every skin tone and colour and give you an absolutely amazing glow! And what’s even better is that it is so versatile! You can use it on its own to highlight above the cheekbones, top of the nose and chin as well as the inner corner of the eyes and cupids bow, or you can mix it in with your foundation for an over all glow. It also works really well mixed in with body moisturisers to give the skin a bit of shimmer.
– Even is I’m doing a no makeup or minimal makeup look, I ALWAYS wear highlighter. A touch of tinted moisturiser, quick brow fill and a lick of mascara with a hint of Lunar Dust and I’m set to go!
- Youngblood Mineral Radiance in Splendor
– This product is so super versatile, it had to make it onto my list of must haves. The compact consists of 3 pinkish shades and a silvery illuminator in the centre. You can apply to the cheek by swirling your brush all around in the product, or you can simply dab it on your desired shade of pink and apply to the apples of the cheeks, then follow by dabbing in the highlighter section and applying to the upper cheek bones. I always recommend this product to people who aren’t looking to purchase a million different products, as it can be used as both a blush and a highlighter in one.
If you would like any more information on any of the above products, please don’t hesitate to contact our Balwyn Beauty Salon and book in for your consultation.