What exactly is Lash Lifting? This amazing beauty treatment is taking over from Lash extensions and is becoming increasingly popular.
Lash Lifting is a treatment that is performed on your own natural lashes to create the illusion of longer lashes and a bigger and more open eye. It takes up to 45 minutes, and lasts between 2 and 3 months!
So what does the Lash Lift and Tint involve?
- Firstly we analyse the eye and the lashes to see what condition they are in, how long they are, the eyes shape, the thickness of the lashes and the desired results. We then clean the eye area and size up which silicone rod will be used.
- Next, the silicone rod is glued and placed on the eyelid against the lash line. The length of your lashes, the size of your eye and the desired result will depend on what sized rod is used.
- The lashes are then glued up over the rod. This is the most important step! We take great care in making sure the lashes are spread evenly and in the desired directions so that we give you the best possible lashes.
- The first solution is then placed onto the lashes, focuses along the lash line and the lash roots. This is then left on for up to 10 minutes, depending on the condition of your lashes. This solution break the bonds in the hair follicles allowing them to take the shape they have been put in over the rod.
- The first solution is removed and the second solution is applied in the same way. This solution is a neutralizer, which re-forms the bonds in the hair follicles in the new shape and is left on for up to 7 minutes.
- The second solution is removed and the silicone rod taken off the lid. A proper cleanse of the area is performed to make sure there is no excess solution or glue left around the eyes.
- Lastly the tint is applied. A colour is mixed up to suit you, whether it be a super dark and dramatic black, or a more subtle dark brown. We apply Vaseline around the eye area to avoid any panda eyes and place a paper barrier underneath the eye. The tint is applied while the eye is closed and left on for 10 minutes before being rinsed off.
- All done! You leave with gorgeous lifted and tinted lashes!
A lot of people ask me how to treat their freshly tinted and lifted lashes. Well guess what!? You treat them exactly how you treat your normal lashes! No special makeup removed required, no need to avoid touching your eyes or having to comb them every morning. Simple!
For more information or to book an appointment contact Claire at Luminescence Beauty Therapies in Balwyn.