A lot of people ask me what facial makeup I wear on a day-to-day basis, or what products I use to get that ‘glow’, so I have decided to give all you lovely people a run-down of my morning makeup routine!
Before applying my makeup, each morning I start with my skincare routine. I only use the best mineral makeup by Youngblood Mineral Cosmetics. Here is my daily routine:
- Firstly, I apply a pea size amount of CC Perfecting Crème with my fingers and work it into my skin. You really only need a very small amount, and it blurs out any areas of pigmentation and uneven skin tones, creating a smooth, velvety base for the foundation to go over.
- Using a Foundation brush, I usually mix two different colours (Shell and Capri) to get my perfect shade, and evenly apply all over the face and bring it slightly down my neck. I only apply one light coat, as this gives me enough coverage for most of my face, and I don’t like to wear a heavy foundation.
- Now I go back over any areas that haven’t quite been covered with the liquid foundation, and apply a small amount of concealer, gently dabbing it over the area – be careful not to wipe or rub too much as you will unsettle the previously applied foundation underneath.
- Next, using the peach side of the Ultimate Corrector Concealer, I dab a small amount under the inside corners of my eye, to help eliminate any dark bluey areas. I then use the yellow side to go over this area and sweep it out to the outer corners of my eyes. Be careful not to use too much, as this will cause a cakey, creased look under the eyes. Less is more with concealer and correctors!
- Now, using a big dense powder or powdered foundation brush, I dust a light layer of Barely Beige Pressed powder over my entire face. This gives just that little bit more coverage and creates a semi-matte look. I also find it helps to set the concealer in place.
- Next, I grab my contouring brush and the Contour pallet and define just under the cheek bones, sides of the nose, jaw line and forehead.
- Now using a smaller powder/blush brush, I pop a tiny bit of ‘Blossom’ pressed Blush on the apple of the cheeks.
- I also like to highlight my cheek bones and the tip of my nose with a light dusting of twilight Lunar Dust. I use the white colour in the Illuminate Pallet to highlight under the brows and inside corners of the eyes.
- Next, I like to define the brows using the Artist Brow Pencil in Blonde.
- Depending on how much time I have in the mornings, I’ll either do a light dust of a cocoa colour over my whole eyelid, and contour through the crease with a deeper brown, or just swipe over some of the bronze highlighting cream from the Illuminate Pallet.
- Eyeliner is another one I’ve often played with. I like to do a clean winged liner with the Noir Liquid Liner Pen, or use the black pencil across my lash line and slightly smudge it with an eyeshadow brush.
- Next, I liberally apply Blackest Black Mascara over all lashes – top and bottom.
- And now the lips, will either be a statement colour lipstick or a subtle gloss or lipbalm.
- Finally, I finish off with a light dusting of the High Definition Setting Powder in translucent.
Obviously, colours and shades will vary from person to person, and you may decide that there are too many steps in this routine for you so you can adjust this to suit your own personal preferences.
If you want to find your perfect colour lipstick or foundation, or learn some new makeup techniques, contact Claire at Luminescence Beauty Therapies in Balwyn.